Frequently Asked Questions

Who Pays for Care Home Fees :

If you have less than £24,000 you may get funding from Social Services they will do an assessment to see if you qualify.

If you meet a set criteria you may get Continuing Care Funding, Social Services will put you forward for the assessment if you meet an initial criteria.

If you do not meet either of the above because you have savings or a property to sell you will have to pay privately for your care.

Please note that there will always be the need for a private Top Up on the standard Social Services rate at Greathed and there may be the need for a top up on Continuing Care rate (these top Up’s are for the room not the care. )


If I have to pay privately how does this work?

The home will give you an estimated weekly fee until a pre-assessment has been done to determine how much direct care is required, this and your choice of room will determine the cost of your care and accommodation.  


Do I have to pay a deposit?

Pressbeau work to the same policy as other homes in that we will ask you to pay for the first month’s fees in advance and for a one month’s returnable holding deposit.

The local PCT do pay towards the nursing element of all nursing residents’ care, this amount is £108.70 per week. We will collect this amount and you will be invoiced for the remaining fee.

You will be given a contract which will outline all our terms and our commitment to you. 


How will you know what care I need and how I want to be cared for?

The home will perform a Pre-assessment visit to you either in your own home or in hospital if that were you are, during this visit we complete an in depth form which gives us lots .of information about you, this enables us to create an initial plan of care for you which we will continue to develop as we get to know you. You and your family (if appropriate~) will be part of this care plan which will be devised with your input so it includes your wishes, concerns and needs.


Can I have visitors and go out with my friends and family once I have moved in?

Yes of course to both questions, this will be your home and should be treated as such, you can have visitors as you wish, they can join you for meals if pre-booked and you can and must carry on with your usual hobbies and activities if your health and mobility allows you to. We will help you to do this as much as we can.


What extra Services do I have to pay for?

You will have to pay for any personal things such as, Cloths, Toiletries, Hairdressing, Chiropody, newspapers etc. we will take care of all your laundry, meals and any care you require.

Just so you know, we use cookies on our website to deliver the best experience. Privacy Policy & Cookie InformationHide